Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rainwear?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Apr 12, 2024.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    It has been raining for a few days now and I find putting Willow in her raincoat to be awkward. As the raincoat relies on velcro closures, Willow's fur gets tangled in the fasteners making it difficult to fasten in place. We have been managing but when the the rain is spread over a few days it becomes more annoying.

Mostly, we cope and it is just the non-stop rain making it more of a chore.

What do you use and how easy is it to put on?

Ron Atkinson likes this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I have these raincoats for the boys and have posted pics of them in them...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CFKZY3XS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

They are purple because I got them for our Alzheimer walk and I'm a 'purple' person at the walks - lost a loved one from. They are size large. I like that they are big enough to keep the belly fur up and dry because the coat wraps it all up - there is a velcro strap under but enough fabric so there fur is inside, not caught up. The front cover keeps the chest fairly dry. There are straps for the back legs and they can pee and poo quite fine. Brodie likes the hood - he's not a fan of raindrops on his eyes, Deacon's hood needs to be tucked into his collar or the purple part of the hood comes over his eyes. Easy to get them on and off - slip over their head, velcro the tummy and they stand to have the leg straps on just fine. Crazy enough, they seem to like them so they just stand there for me to put them on. There is covered access to harness/collar around the neckline. I feel they are really well thought out - ymmv.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    those look great- I only have 2 raincoats but 4 dogs.........

Sharon7, Ron Atkinson and GlennR like this.
  4. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Teddy's raincoat has 2 Velcro pads under the chin and waist. My wife's friend got it for him for Christmas. She likes the ducks on it
    IMG_20231224_164852.jpg

5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    pico has ruffwear sunshower as no Velcro!
    however, as shelties tend to be longer than average expect the proper size to be too short (no fluffy bum coverage) IMG_1591.jpg IMG_1589.jpg IMG_1588.jpg

going up a size covers the bum...boy dogs can have an issue with the under strap coming too low for potty breaks.

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    this is the x small (his proper size based on girth)

827E4FFF-DD03-4E4C-8FD6-9B5E0B3E1075.jpeg