Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper loves his raw

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by Piper's mom, May 3, 2017.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I pull the fat off the backs too before Piper gets one, I did try him with a turkey neck but he had a bit of a problem with the bones ( one got stuck on a back tooth) so I've decided to stick to the backs (plus, they're hard to cut smaller...the ones I buy at the meat market are about 8 inches long) . First time he got a back he gave up on it and walked away (too much work) but now he loves them.

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    We have a local raw pet food store that makes it pretty convenient. They have pre-ground organ mixes from various proteins such as chicken, turkey, pork, beef, lamb. So I usually rotated between those and my choice in raw meaty bones were usually chicken necks, turkey necks, pork riblets, and I can't remember what else. I tried lamb riblets once but it didn't agree with Missy's tummy. I bought a book by Lew Olson and that's what I like to reference for raw feeding. I took a break from feeding raw, but I'm planning to start back soon.