Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Pet Expo Ottawa!

Discussion in 'Events' started by BarbV, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Dexter'sMom

Dexter'sMom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    What do you call a parade of Ottawa Shelties?

It certainly woof...er would :biggrin2:

2. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    Aww I would have loved to join in and meet all of you and see all of our Ottawa sheltie dogs together, but my late entry to an agility trial on November 10th as been accepted.

Have fun at the Expo and if you can send us a quick thought during the day, it might help us get our first Q! :lol:

3. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Barb, are you there only on Saturday?

4. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Yep Saturday morning from about 10 to 1 p.m. Other PV stores will be doing the booth after that.

I haven't decided about bringing the dogs. It could be hard on them hanging around the booth for 3 hours.

5. Dexter'sMom

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    I was wondering if it would be too much for Treesa as well.. Not sure we'll be going...But I definitely want to come by for a visit...and want to do a Christmas picture of our kids together :yes:

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I might still bring Indy. Haven't decided yet.

Come to the store December 9th in the morning. I've got a pro photographer doing xmas photos for charity. $10 a picture and I will match it. All proceeds going to local rescues.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    What a cool -- and generous -- idea!!

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Yea! Boo! Yea!

Gulp! I'm not sure how much of a success I want out of this event.....This could turn into what my dad would call the "Yea/Boo" game

There is a song we used to sing about this: Yea, Boo, yea, boo, its lots of fun to do. If you like you shout Yea, if you don't you holler Boo!

- Yea!!!!! We took 50 pictures and that's $500 going to local rescues :yes:

- Boo!! And it cost me personally $500 on top :eek2:

- Yea!!! But that's $1,000 raised!!! :yes:

It's all good, I know! :lol:

9. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I would say that the first ever Ottawa Pet Expo was a huge success!

I could not believe the crowds of people with their dogs. I would say that one of two brought their pet with them. And this was the first day in the first 3 hours! (I left after that - couldn't stand it anymore!) :eek2:

I don't think the organizers expected as much either. Next year, I hope they will look for a larger venue - like the new Congress Centre. I think they will need it!

I personally had fairly low expectations of the event (I envisioned standing sadly in front of the booth hoping that someone would come by), but having had our small booth swamped non-stop with questions about dog and cat food (and not just because of the free samples), I'm reminded why I bought a pet supply store.....When you have thousands of people coming with their pets, you just know where their passion is.

And of course, the dock diving was major fun!

10. Dexter'sMom

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    I will be in with Treesa Dec 9th for a picture of her and a brother, sister picture as well, if she'll sit for us!:hugs