Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

OK fess up, what are your Sheltie's quirks?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Feb 16, 2024.

1. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oh, and oreo stands on the back of the couch staring at us when we eat. It's like being watched by a vulture.

Sharon7, Ann, Ron Atkinson and 3 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Great way to start my day - with a good old chuckle! Thanks!!!!!

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Blueberry will stand over (or directly behind) Finnie when he has a chew treat she thinks should be hers…bought a collagen treat for Piper but he didn’t care for it. Offered it to Blueberry and nope…gave it to Finnie and suddenly Blueberry thought it should be hers.
    Ordered a lick bowl for Finnie that arrived yesterday (he will spend 10 minutes after supper going from bowl to bowl) and Blueberry pushed him out of it twice yesterday…even with me standing close by! Everything theirs is hers:ROFLMAO:

Sandy in CT, Ann, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  4. woof

woof Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008
    northeast
    My pups selectively know their names. Often when called they just raise their head and then go back to snoozing whatever. When I say their names and the word treat they come running so I guess they both think their name is "treat". Also, my female is a non stop groomer, any exposed skin is liable to be groomed and groomed ,the male not so much. I do allow her to groom me tho, she traps my arm beneath her paw and away she goes-- I know it is her equivalent to me petting her and as we all know there is nothing bad in a Sheltie mouth, they are sterile-- aren't they??

RikyR, Sandy in CT, Ann and 3 others like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Benson has too many quirks to count. Fillion not so much, but one that makes me crack up is he will NOT stay in the room with me when I sneeze! He can be dead asleep and comfortable in his bed and if I sneeze, he will get up and leave the room LOL My favorites of Benny's is how he "silent talks" to me or shakes his head at his cow's ear (only cow's ears no other toys).

RikyR, Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Finnie will leave the room if I swear:ROFLMAO:…dog has morals!

Margi, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  7. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    When my husband sneezes Oberon barks at him. When I sneeze Oberon barks at the cat.

Chris, Margi, Sandy in CT and 6 others like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I’d say the cat is lower on the totem pole than you are…I’d even hazard a guess to say you’re the top dog!
    Too funny though!:ROFLMAO:

Ann, Ron Atkinson, woof and 3 others like this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I just count my blessings every time this topic comes up- no one barks when I open or close the blinds, or when I answer the phone or the microwave beeps or I put the garbage out........
    they just all try to get petted at the same time and I only have 2 hands for 4 shelties.................