Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Jersey Sheltie Rescue Picnic

Discussion in 'Events' started by danisgoat, Sep 4, 2012.

1. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Not sure. I will ask and get back to you on that.

2. Internette

Internette Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012
    Florida
    I would love to go to one of these. Chauncey hasnt met any shelties yet. He meets lots of aussies and borders but I know he would love to see his own kind. He always greets the ones who look similar to him with all the fluffy fur.

3. copper5228

copper5228 Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2012
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    I have really been wanting to go to this event for so long now....We adopted our Dash, 7.5 years ago (he is now 12.5) from NJ Sheltie Rescue. LOVE this dog. OK, LOVE all my dogs! <3 LOL!! But the park is well over 2 hours away and Sundays are so difficult for us b/c my son has school the next day, I have work on Mondays, as does my husband, who commutes 90 minutes each way daily. :( Bummer Have fun!!!! Am still crossing my paws that we can swing it for a little while....Maybe I can work something out....

4. roxyllsk

roxyllsk Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    I went to the christmas party last year and had a great time ! My Sheltie Resuce dog is not good with other dogs (except his brother) so the picnic or Christmas party would be too stressful for him.

But my young sheltie is great with other dogs - I like to go to these to show my support. :)

5. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I've been the the Christmas Party and the Fall picnic before. They are very nice events. Depending on the date, I hope to attend the picnic this year.

6. Qzee

Qzee Forums Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    NJ
    Does anyone know if they are going to hold the picnic this year?

7. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Here is the link to the info for this year's picnic:SSPSNJ | News / Rescue Events

8. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ