Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Jersey Sheltie Rescue Picnic

Discussion in 'Events' started by danisgoat, Sep 4, 2012.

1. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    That would be great! It is a lot of fun. The Tricky Tray raffle is a favorite. Also, don't forget a costume so you can join in the costume contest!

2. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Attached, please find the fliers for the event. Looks like fun! You can even take the test to get your dog CGC and/or TDI certified.

We always love the costume contest.

Attached Files:

3. LI_mom

LI_mom Forums Novice

May 2, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Is the NJ picnic definitely on?

Hi - We went to this last year, my daughter, dogs, and I had a great time. We've been watching the NJ Sheltie Rescue website for news of this years picnic and it hasnt been updated. I'm glad I checked here. Is it definitely on for Sept 30? At the same place, Deer Path Park, Cedars Pavilion in Hunterdon County? We are driving over from Long Island.
    Thanks!
    Lori, mom to Andie, Penny, Poco

4. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Yes! Sorry I am late to answering this. I just saw it now.

It is in the same place and it is all day.

Here is the weblink:
    http://njsheltierescue.org/default.aspx?id=13

Here is the schedule:
    2012 Picnic Day’s Events

[FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]Sunday, September 30[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]th [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]from 9am-4pm
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]
    Day’s Events
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]CGC/TDI Testing
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]P..U..P.. ((Pick Up Poop)) Game
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Beach Wide,Beach Wide][FONT=Beach Wide,Beach Wide]
    Human & Canine Massage!
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]Pam Saylor Animal Communicator
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Courier New,Courier New][FONT=Courier New,Courier New]Games start promptly at 10:00
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]Ticket for individual games $5.00 or play all 16 games for $20.00.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Bernard MT Condensed,Bernard MT Condensed][FONT=Bernard MT Condensed,Bernard MT Condensed]Gretchen has a NEW game to add into the mix this year!!!
    If you are familiar with "Gamblers" from other dog/horse events
    you will have an idea of how this game is played… Should be a lot of fun!!!
    [/FONT]
    ~LUNCH 11:45 ~
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]Unfortunately we will not have a food vendor this year,
    so please make sure to bring your own food and drinks.
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Cartoon,Cartoon][FONT=Cartoon,Cartoon]
    Costume Contest
    [/FONT]
    Parade of Rescues
    [/FONT]
    Raffle
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]Raffle tickets, Rescue Items & T-Shirts/Sweatshirts will be on sale all day.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell][FONT=Rockwell,Rockwell]Photos will be taken throughout the day & CD’s are available for ordering.
    [/FONT]
    Rain or Shine. All dogs must be on a leash. No alcohol.
    Have a great time with your dogs!!
    [/FONT][/FONT]

5. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I'm stewarding that day at a sheltie specialty to be held at Macungie Park, PA.

Dani
    Staymat Magnificent Journey UD, OM1
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Blackmyst Poker Face

6. roxyllsk

roxyllsk Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    I didn't find out about this until after I'd already made plans ! My older Sheltie Buddy came from NJ sheltie rescue. Buddy does not like other dogs (except for his sheltie brother Romeo) but I would have loved to take Romeo to the picnic. Maybe next year !

7. LaurGold

LaurGold Forums Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    suffern, ny
  8. Internette

Internette Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012
    Florida
    Your pics are great. Are the shelties in the little pen area for a reason. The 1st and 2nd one are so darn adorable, I think my heart skipped a beat at that beautiful face on the second sable in the pen standing, she is drop dead beautiful.

9. LaurGold

LaurGold Forums Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    suffern, ny
    Thanks!

I think the shelties are in the pens because their owners brought a whole bunch of dogs, so couldn't hold them all at once.... Also, some dogs there were available for adoption. Not sure which belonged to who though!

10. roxyllsk

roxyllsk Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    When is the picnic this year ?