Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Kong Recipies

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Eagle, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Eagle

Eagle Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Does anyone have any good ideas of things to stuff a kong with that do not require refrigeration. I don't want to be concerned about him leaving a little in the kong and then finishing it hours later.

The only things I know of are peanut butter, bananas, and kibble.

Any other ideas? A little variety is nice.

Thanks

2. ElleKayCee

ElleKayCee Forums Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My go to is peanut butter and kibble but I've also used honey and cheerios :smile2:

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I've crammed all kinds of veggies and fruits in there. Would you consider those to require refrigeration?

I think the best things to use are the things you can freeze so that they last longer. I freeze the things you mentioned plus yogurt, too.

4. Eagle

Eagle Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Cheerios, fruit, and veggies all sound good. Thanks!

5. EvieMom

EvieMom Forums Regular

Jul 17, 2012
    Monroe, Ohio
    When you all say fill a Kong with peanut butter, do you fill the entire cavity with it or just cap it?

6. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I usually use a knife and dab a bit of it way down in the Kong, then fill the hole (not the whole cavity--too many calories!)

Other times I'll put green beans (or another veggie or fruit) inside, then cap it with peanut butter.

Then freeze it--lasts a lot longer!

7. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Mix up a bit of yogurt, banana and a dab of peanut butter. Stick in the kong and freeze it.