Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Geographic location

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by GChiu, Mar 24, 2010.

1. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Is there a way to find other sheltie owners in your own city, province, or country? I kinda recall that on SheltieNation, there used to be a widget or something where you'd put your little flag in the city you were from.
    Anyway, is there something in the forum we can use?

2. granite

granite Forums Sage

Apr 6, 2008
    earth
    That would be neat...a nice little crop of sheltie forum flags located all around the globe!

3. Arby0617

Arby0617 Forums Regular

Mar 20, 2010
    Newmarket, NH
    Hi Gail,

I didn't fully check out these tools, but the AKC website has Breeder Classifieds that can be searched by national parent club, local breeder clubs, or local breed rescue groups.

What part of the country do you live in?

4. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Oh, I meant a search tool to see where the SheltieForums users from. I'm not looking for breeders or any clubs. I hope Kelly remembers what I'm talking about. :eek:

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I remember it! I also wish there was a map here on the forums. Would be cool to see how spread out we all are.

6. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Frappr

It was called a Frappr map. I had to remove it from Sheltie Nation because the makers were no longer supporting the "unpaid" version. :rolleyes2:

I'll look into trying to figure something similar out. I also thought it was a pretty neat app!

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Kelly, you are so sweet to do that! We ask, you give. How lucky are we!! :biggrin2:

8. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Kelly, you are awesome :cool:

9. MisfitBrian

MisfitBrian Forums Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2008
    Little Elm, Tx
    One of my other forums used Google maps. We would input our address & then populate the map. :wink2:

10. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

That would be awesome if we could figure something out.

As you all know there are a bunch of threads about arranging get togethers in our various neck of the woods. I suddenly drew a blank when I wanted to find members in Ontario tonight. I tried to search it, but I just kept coming up with my own posts (- all many thousands of them - boring!)