Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Feeding

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Selena Wohlslagel, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Not much more has come out on that DCM research as far as I know but there are many GREAT food threads here on SN with tons of info on it and foods and protein levels, etc.

We feed Fromm here - Brodie gets the Adult Gold, Deacon the Puppy Gold and Kooper gets their Senior/Reduced Activity Gold.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I second the recommendation of Fromm. Blue Buffalo has had some recall issues and there are too many fillers in Purina for me, so you have to feed twice the amount you would of a higher quality food. I feed a combination of freeze-dried and home cooked to mine for medical reasons, but before I did that all my dogs thrived on Fromm. They offer numerous proteins you can choose from, or rotate proteins, which is highly recommended now for dogs with no food sensitivities.

3. Selena Wohlslagel

Selena Wohlslagel Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2021
    I am not familiar with this brand?

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Freezed fried or homemade is beginning to look good to Luke

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Here is their website. I get it locally, but have also ordered from Cherrybrook Supplies before as well as direct from the company.

https://www.frommfamily.com/

6. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Thank you it looks good. But can't order right now.have to keep eye on possible hurricane. May be making evacuation on Friday. Hard to tell these storms bounce around like beach balls out there

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Blueberry did fantastic on the Fromm as well Ann. She’s 100% on raw now though but I’d definitely recommend Fromm as well.

Selena Wohlslagel, Ann and Sharon7 like this.
  9. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    The Purina pro plan salmon sensitive stomach and the lamb sensitive stomach do not have those fillers, we feed the same amount of those as we would another quality food. The differences among the pro p!an foods is great, and it takes awhile to figure this out when you compare ingredients of all of them.

10. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    I am continuing to feed blue buffalo with a little oatmeal added
    Luke tolerates it well and I believe the old issue with Blue Buffalo is resolved
    I would prefer to make him home cooked meals but don't know how and am disabled. So even cooking for me is painful

Piper's mom, KarenCurtis and Sharon7 like this.