Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ads

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Jess041, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I feel like this has been brought up before a long long time ago, but is there any way for the forum owner/admin (Kelly) to block certain advertisers? I constantly get ads for Petland. I know better, but other visitors to this forum may not. I would just hate for this forum to be affiliated in any way with that business.

I realize that ads can be targeted toward users, but pet stores like that aren’t something I’m ever looking up.

If this is something out of your control, that really stinks.

Ron Atkinson, Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I suspect no. Most get auto google ads.

Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Can’t hurt to ask her. But, I suspect, as sheep points out, it is the users browser that controls them.

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Well back in 2012 she said she could block specific advertisers. If that’s still the case, I would definitely suggest Petland be added to that list!

Piper's mom and SheepOfBlue like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I usually get ads for things I’ve done searches for or links I’ve clicked on. Doesn’t hurt to find out though.

Ron Atkinson likes this.
  6. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    If it's still true that the website gets referral points or money from Amazon like I read in some older posts from a few years back. It would be neat if there was an easy link from Sheltie Nation to there as I purchase quite a few things from there and if S.N. could get a benefit from going there from here I would be glad to do that. But trying to search for a link is not easy,I have tried.

Sharon7 likes this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    there used to be an Amazon ad on the Sheltie Nation page that would give you the referral....
    there's a link in here

Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.