Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Sheltie owner

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by jgarrett, May 23, 2021.

1. jgarrett

jgarrett Forums Regular

May 19, 2021
    NE Georgia
    Hello,
    Greetings from Georgia!
    My wife and I have always had Collies, and even showed them back in the late 70's.
    We lost or wonderful Daiey last year and wanted another one but full size dogs are a little too much for us old folks to handle.
    So we found us a beautiful Sheltie. She is 4 months old and is a sweetheart...one Minuit!! A wild powerful bundle of energy the next.

Will have lots of questions about Shelties..
    Cheers,
    Julian and Judith

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    AAD4537D-9710-47D2-B991-EBE5B4C2191F.jpeg Welcome to Sheltie Nation Julian and Judith! We’re so happy to have you join! We love pictures, to post a picture you can either become a premium member and upload directly from your device or copy and post the link from any photo sharing site.
    I’m in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada and have 3 Shelties...a 6 year old named Piper, a 3 year old Finnie (both sables) and a bi blue pup 6 month old Blueberry.

ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome, Julian and Judith! We look forward to hearing more about your sweet wild bundle of energy! Any and all questions are welcome...we have lots of seasoned Sheltie members to answer them. Don’t forget to post pictures too!

ghggp, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    A hearty welcome from Southern California! You will find there is much to love about Shelties, lots of information and experience on this site and good folks too. What is your girl's name? Color? We've had a recent crop of puppies on the Forums so you'll find lots of puppy stories. Our youngest, Meadow, will be 17 months old next week, then we have her uncle Elijah who is 4 and Great-aunt Faith who is 8. You will get bugged for photos of your girl for sure, we love pics.

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  5. jgarrett

jgarrett Forums Regular

May 19, 2021
    NE Georgia
    Her name is Dixie and she is Sable and White with Mahogany back. Too me she is very "leggy" and a very thin coat. I sure hope as she grows that this will get better. She is either wide open or sleep!!! Very hard to capture her attention long enough to train her!!
    I am working on trying to figure out how to post pictures.

Ann and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    If you belong to any photo sharing site just copy the link and then paste it here..you can do the same thing with a video, copy link from YouTube and paste.
    Can’t wait to see your Dixie...

Ann likes this.
  7. jgarrett

jgarrett Forums Regular

May 19, 2021
    NE Georgia
    Piper's mom likes this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Unfortunately, when I click on the link the screen is black.

Welcome to Sheltie Nation! Dixie sounds like quite the handful! I had a collie growing up.
    Since I live in a small Cape Cod home Shelie's make a better fit! Love the breed and have had them for over 30 years now.
    Best breed ever!

Ann and Piper's mom like this.
  9. jgarrett

jgarrett Forums Regular

May 19, 2021
    NE Georgia
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/gallery/u4vpRhKARWaqGXADfD8HXw
    New arrival at 7 weeks,,,

Piper's mom likes this.
  10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Hi from Australia.

How are you finding the energy levels compared to a Collie? I always think of Shelties as the whirling Dervish of the Collie clan.

Ann, ghggp, Piper's mom and 1 other person like this.