Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My sweet old ladies

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Caro, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I realised I go posting pics of Kismet and nothing of my older girls.

A few times a year there's a meet up of NSW and ACT Shelties on a rural property half way between the two states. Happens to be in a town that makes great pies, and where I used to stay regularly when Deska was around. I took the three girls last month. Old Tully had to stay in her stroller most of the time, with her health it was too risky for her to mingle (and some dogs did get kennel cough). There's often about 50 dogs and their humans.

Anyway here is little old Tully, nearly 16yrs old, and a rare smiling photo of Della, who is now 10yrs old. Della revels in these gatherings, I think because she was a kennel dog before I got her.

Tully at Berrima 20Nov22.jpg Della at Berrima 20Nov22.jpg

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    they both look great- that's awesome that they got to go out to a sheltie meetup:yes:

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh wow, the girls look great! LOVE Tully checking things out from her stroller, what a coat. And to think you didn't know if she'd make it to her 15th birthday. What a tough cookie.

Della does look happy as well. So nice you had a meet up even if it was a journey.

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Love these! Tully looks terrific for 16, Caro! And Della looks great too. So good to see the pictures!

5. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    They both look so happy, Tully seems to really be enjoying the view from her stroller. Glad everyone had a great time. It looks like a lot of fun :)
    Thanks for sharing the pictures...

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I know, that girl truly amazes me. She has pulled through so many near death illnesses. She is really declining quickly now and she can't walk more than 5-10mins but she still has a zest for life. She is being propped up by a lot of medication nowadays, has no gallbladder, IBD, pancreatitis, kidney disease, a fused hock and false hip, almost totally deaf and blind and falls over a lot. But she still tries to play with Kismet, wants to chase a ball and desperately loves going for walks. I wish Tully would go on forever, they just don't live long enough.

Ann, Piper's mom, RikyR and 3 others like this.
  7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    They both look so happy!

8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    That Tully is one tough cookie! And she looks fantastic! What a coat on her! Love that both girls are smiling!

9. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    You would never guess that they are seniors, they look great!

10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Great pictures Caro, Tully looks great…love the smile and her checking things out from her stroller! Della looks great as well!

RikyR, Caro, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.