Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Been awhile since I took pics

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Margi, Jan 10, 2023.

1. woof

woof Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008
    northeast
    Ours don't counter surf but our cat does and it really scares me that the cat may knock pill containers or other stuff like garlic cloves etc that are out of reach off onto the floor where the toothfill vacuum cleaner will get to them-- we have tried to sheltie proof our house as much as possible but there is always something- always...lucky they are cute.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  2. woof

woof Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008
    northeast
    Today they got two little wooden boxes made in Japan, inlaid, expensive they had been on a shelf for 8 months and nothing but today they got both of them, destroyed them and left pieces inside and outside the house. We were home but did not see this happen-- not sure what is going on with them but they are the most destructive shelties we have ever owned and as lovable as they are they are really starting to grate a nerve.. We have tried to remove temptation from them as much as possible but tho't they were mainly into paper and small pieces of wood. Earlier i caught Maisie trying to remove one of my hand crafted wooden flutes from a shelf again 8 months and nothing but now this....She is also balking at going into her crate where she is fed????? Not sure what is going on here....boogles my mind at this point..

Ron Atkinson likes this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    A bored sheltie can be dangerous thing! Are they getting enough exercise? Enough chew toys? I don't remember what your routine is or if you even said. Have you tried the puzzles to occupy their minds? One of these days they are going to eat something dangerous, as I'm sure you have already thought of...
    Still very young right? Around 1?
    I remember if Fillion wasn't tired out I paid dearly...Benson is turning 5 soon and he is finally slowing down a bit. I am fortuante they don't chew/destroy things to release the energy. I know others here have some good horror stories of young uns being bad.

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Might want to start a new thread as this is way off topic of photographs. But I would say young siblings are double trouble, and I would severely limit where they are in the house, especially without direct supervision. Gate off rooms, use an Xpen, keep them on leashes inside.... but I think it's vital you break this cycle for everyone concerned. And yes, tons of exercise, puzzles, nosework, trick training, whatever it takes to wear them out a bit. I'm sure you are frustrated but at some point they will get at something that might hurt them.

woof, Sandy in CT and Ron Atkinson like this.
  5. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    When using leashes in the house I cut the handle loop so they can't get themselves accidentally trapped while unsupervised. This is in addition to the advice everyone has already given. Good luck coming up with a routine that works for you.

Sharon7 and Sandy in CT like this.