Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

911 Fosters Needed

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by ghggp, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am forwarding this message in hopes Sheltie Nation Members in Florida can get the word out and help Barbara!

Can you foster 1, 2 or all 3 of these beauties?

2017-03-08_10-49-27.png

Pretty Please!

We are in need, a real big need in foster homes.
    There are so many Shelties that are coming into Rescue we just can't seem to take them.
    I hate to turn them down but We just can't do it all on our own.
    Please Please can you help.
    I pay for the vetting, the food and the heart worm prevention.
    You and your family are part of the decision on where the rescue goes.
    We tried to have them fostered in according to the style of your family in what you have experience with the time and the environment you have for the rescue.
    If you have never fostered before please go to our web site www.midflsheltierescue.com
    and submit our Foster Application so we know how to get in touch with you and what you are able to foster.
    Some Shelties need a fenced yard some no children and others no cat etc, we want to make the transition for rescue as best we can so we are able to work with them to find their forever best matched home.
    Please indicate how many you are able to foster as we do often get in pairs.
    The Shelties on our web site are currently being fostered so it would not be those guys.
    Of course your family has the first option to adopt if that is what you want to do but please do not say you can't foster after you adopt we hate to lose you and so many to help.
    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart You are the "hero's" my hero and of course this wonderful breed that gets another chance to live and make your day happy and bright the first thing in the morning start your day with a Sheltie smile and a bark!!!!
    Fondly
    Barbara

Mid Florida Sheltie Rescue
    1480 Meadowbrook Rd. NE
    Palm Bay, FL 32905

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Gloria, so great of you to get the word out - I would foster a Sheltie for sure but I'm in California. I've fostered a variety of dogs from our local shelter and it's been a good experience. Please Sheltie Nationers - can someone in the Florida area help out? It is such a good deed for so little effort.....

ghggp likes this.
  3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Is there a Facebook post out there, by chance? If so, and it is made public, I will share it on my page.

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Cara Sandler likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WOW we have managed to help the last three shelties
    THANK YOU to ALL without you, it would not happen.

Fondly
    Barbara Davis
    Founder MFSR

Cara Sandler and Cleo2014 like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Update 2

well so far we have someone for Koda the one on the top
    the two on the lower picture are sister and brother we do not have anyone
    than we got in another we have found her a home that took me 10 mins
    she is going with her new mom that has adopted two from me in the past sheltie people are just the best

7. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    Barbara, if you post these dogs on your facebook page, we can and will share them around.