Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Perfect sheltie harness

Discussion in 'Clothing, Leashes & Collars' started by ruckusluvr, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    I went ahead and ordered mine tonight. I got the chocolate blush in small. I was looking at their website and had to laugh. They tried their harness on all kinds of animals! Alligators, rabbits, mice, ect. :lol:

2. ruckusluvr

ruckusluvr Forums Enthusiast

did you see the frog!

thats just silly!
    look like a good idea for my two rabbits though. they would love to go outside.

3. Noneeds4me

Noneeds4me Forums Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    All my male shelties are thought to be girls! lol

4. terdonal

terdonal Forums Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    Lets hear the results when you get them. Thinking of one for Panda as she hates the collar. Maybe Bailey too though she is okay once the collar is on and we start the walk.

5. ruckusluvr

I got my two in the mail today! they look great! I have not walked the dogs with them yet.

it was a little difficult for me to figure out how to adjust it, but i am pretty dense. After I got it adjusted it is sooo easy to put on and off.
    I ordered the 6 foot, but it was actually more like 7 foot. I tied a couple more knots in it to make it a little shorter.

I will tell you guys more tomorrow night after I actually use it!

6. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    I wish mine would come in the mail today. :rolleyes2: I would like to use it to take Smudge to the vet. I got the chocolate blush. :biggrin2:

7. terdonal

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    Looking forward to hearing your review on it.

8. crazy's mom

crazy's mom Forums Regular

Oct 9, 2008
    NEW JERSEY
    I bought the same kind or same idea from Walmart. Its called a no pull collar. Crazy does really well with it. very easy to put on and off. The Walmart one tho you have to put on your own leash which i did but i only remove the leash part when we are going in the car and I leave just the harness on. Other wise i keep it together and hang it on a hook. At Walmart it was under $10.

9. ruckusluvr

we just went on our first walk with the rope n go.

freakin awesome!!!!
    It is amazingly light weight its just unreal! It didnt pull the babies fur, and the didnt even seem to know they had it on. it is so much easier on my hands too. I would highly recommend it!

so far in my experience
    pros:
    cute and stylish... comes in many many colors
    easy on and easy off
    no noisy buckles
    does not pinch or pull hair
    very light weight
    comfortable for dog and owner
    great price! (when you consider that it is also a leash, traffic leash, and harness)

cons:
    leash seems too long (easy to fix, just tie extra knots)
    traffic lead is too close to the harness (that might be how a traffic lead is suppose to be???)
    traffic lead sorta dangles there

as you see, i am having a love hate relationship with the attached traffic lead! I love it that it is there, and I can grab onto it when I need to keep my fur kids close, but it is sooo far down it only gives them a 16 inches or so. I guess that could be a good thing if you are in a situation that needs to keep them close to you though...

but yeah, i like
    i would recommend.

10. terdonal

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    Nice feedback though a little confused on the traffic leash. I see it mentioned on their site but don't see evidence of it in the gallery images. Could you please elaborate on that, thanks.

Terry