Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Westminster Dog Show?

Discussion in 'Handling Chat' started by labgirl, Feb 5, 2010.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Well it sounds hectic but exciting! No chance of me seeing it on TV over here in the UK. How to I find the web streaming?

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    This is a great site for behind the scenes features...
    http://msg.com/dogs/

To see the WKC videos of each breed, you can go to the Westminster Kennel Club website late Monday and Tuesday and watch your breed. I believe they also show the Group judging, for anyone who can't see the U.S. broadcasts.
    http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/

I will be there again this year as a member of the press corps. We get those great seats in the middle of the floor!

I know I've said this before, but for anyone who loves dogs and hasn't been, Westminster is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Yes, it's crowded; yes, it's hot, but it is just so cool to see all the dogs and owners up close and on the benches.

3. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Ann....you are right. I shouldn't sound so negative :eek:

I am not just a "crowds" person......but most people would probably LOVE it.

4. granite

granite Forums Sage

Apr 6, 2008
    earth
    WOW! Center floor seats! Don't you need a baggage handler and masseuse? Really, I'm sure that I could make the drive up there and you really, really do need a shoulder rub while composing your articles.

5. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I second this! (danisgoat, I think you and I feel the same way about crowds.)

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Actually, the one big thing I learned the first time I went to Westminster, was to take NOTHING! There is no place to put coats, bags, and you wouldn't believe how heavy a purse and camera case can get when you have to carry them around all day! This year instead of my camera I'm bringing a photographer to lighten the load LOL! She is amazing, and I should have some great photos for everyone after it's over.

7. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Dont forget Westminster tomorrow!!:biggrin2:

8. SheltieGuy

SheltieGuy Forums Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2009
    Schuylkill County, PA
    will it be on tv?? if soo ... when where.... how?? lol

9. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Here is the braodcast schedule don't know why we need to change channels but oh well. Had to find CNBC on my cable as I never watch it.

Schedule

NIGHT 1:
    Monday, February 15
    Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups
    8-9 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network
    9-11 p.m. (ET) live on CNBC

NIGHT 2:
    Tuesday, February 16
    Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups, Best In Show
    8-11 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network

10. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    That is odd that they have it on two channels, don't recall that happening before.