Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

all-white Shelties

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by DebbieGilbert, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    That's the way I read it, too. :lol: This coming from me, who always jumps to conclusions. :cool:

2. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina

3. MissSuzie

MissSuzie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    I cannot answer your question as to why breeders do this. I would imagine there are several reasons. But I also own a double merle who is sight and hearing impaired. I rescued Cooper as well and he is such a joy. He may not meet the breed standards, but he was born anyway, and he deserves the same love and care as every other dog.

As for Mia, SHE'S AN AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL GIRL, and we all fell in love with her through Michelle's posts, pictures and videos. What is not to love, breed standard or not!

4. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Just got to send a big hug! Yea...I would come to the defense of any of my babes.

Mia has really opened our hearts & eyes (if you will) to being able to have her be a productive & happy companion sheltie that she was meant to be.

She is smart,intuitive,loving,a bit of a stinker at times,but a definate integral part of this family.

I so admit,having a dog with special needs,does raise adjustments.Having Bumper join this family 2 years ago,as a blind cat,but with hearing was easy.It still is.She is a joy,and a special soul.

We were confidant hoping to be able to bring Mia home,with the love & support from everyone here & the outside sources we have found,that she would be just fine~

5. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

I guess we all have our interpretation and when I read the first few lines I have quoted here. I interpreted as If an all white Sheltie or another Sheltie doesn't fit breed standard why would it be allowed to be a part of the forum. As I said we all have our own interpretation.

6. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    I wouldnt take it as that, I mean just by looking at the forum the majority of the people are pet owners here, those of us who show are by far in the minority! on the forums!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    You mean the people who show are the minority. :lol: I'm the typo queen, not you!

I still think it was a misunderstanding. That's why I over use smiley faces though. :yes: So people will know and there's no guessing.

8. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    hahahahaaaaa already fixed it! Wow I am becoming the typo queen! Wheres my crown! :)

9. BOO'S-DAD

BOO'S-DAD Forums Enthusiast

Jan 3, 2010
    Saint Louis,Missouri
    Then my feeling is....if you don't know much about something..tiptoe in...don't jump in with both feet in the middle of someones back

10. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Ditto:wink2:

I felt the initial post was confrontational, whether intentionally or not, it was certainly not terribly well phrased.

Ask a civil question get a civil answer is my motto.