Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Trick or Treat! Win a great book!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Kelly, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    (Pssst...all you Sheltie Forum addicts! You are getting a sneak peak at one of tomorrow's special Sheltie Nation posts!) Aren't you lucky! :biggrin2:

Sign up to become a member of the Sheltie Forums & enter to win a chance for a copy of this beautiful and heartwarming new book! (Already a member of the forums? Great!...just add a post below saying you want to enter!)

DOGTOWN: Tales of Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Redemption. The book follows the stories of desperate dogs and their dedicated caretakers at Dogtown, the Best Friends Animal Society shelter in Utah that believes in second chances, and portrays the powerful bond between the animals and the people who help them (it is also the first companion book to the National Geographic Channel's hit show "DogTown"). The book is a compelling testament to the fact that through love and devotion, dogs can be given a second chance at life.
    Misfit and traumatized dogs, puppies rescued from puppy mills and war-zone trauma cases, the books tells the stories of 15 of the most memorable and touching cases, including Georgia, a pit bull rescued from Michael Vick's illegal dog-fighting operation, and Tuffy, whose spirit never flagged after being rescued from a hoarder. The compelling tales draw on the experiences of veterinarians, trainers and volunteers and in the end, we come to see that there are no "bad dogs" and that with patience and compassion, people can help dogs heal.
    The book will appeal to animal and dog lovers alike and anyone interested in inspirational stories of perseverance and hope. (It would also make for a wonderful gift this upcoming holiday season!)

A winner will be chosen at random by my ever patient hubby and I will PM the winner asking for their mailing address. (One post per user please.)

Hurry, contest ends November 7th! :wink2:

Attached Files:

2. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    Oh Kelly That is wonderful!!!

Sign me up! I want to enter!!!!

3. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I'd love to enter!

I've been a fan of Dogtown the tv show for ages. What a wonderful place. If only we could have a Dogtown located near each city!

4. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Sounds like a very interesting and inspiring read.
    Count me in.

5. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Count me in too. I read 1-3 books a week...long commute to work

6. pattymaine

pattymaine Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2008
    Maine
    Sounds interesting....count me in, please!

7. shel-t-mom

shel-t-mom Forums Regular

Jul 6, 2009
    Merrimack, NH
    All Treats!

Yea! Yea! Yea! Sign me up too! :)

8. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
  9. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Um! I'm already a member of Sheltie Forums! How can I sign up again???:lol::razz:

10. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    I love that show!

Count me in. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.