Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Why Does My Four Month Old Sheltie Puppy Have Such a Thin Coat?

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Janeen, Sep 7, 2009.

1. romeosangiovese

romeosangiovese Forums Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2008
    Singapore
    WOW! When I start expanding my sheltie family, you can watch out for that one! :lol:

I got the teeshirt idea from Idakoos (I'm terribly uncreative)! But they didn't have the teeshirt type I wanted so I fiddled with Photoshop and set up accounts on cafepress just so I can buy my own designs. HAHA! The badge design, I came up with tho!
    pinkbadge.jpg blueadge.jpg

I want the Sheltie Taxi one - so apt.

2. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Those are very cool! I would really like one of those. You say Cafe Press,has them?

3. Janeen

Janeen Forums Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    lol, thats amazing... I had no idea.
    She is named after a Maori legend, only spelled slightly different, cause I think it looks prettier.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paikea

4. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Omg, your pup is adorable. Look at those ears!

No need to worry, he's just in that awkward puppy phase. Some pups are never the fluffy little bears that others appear to be. My parent's sheltie Milo was the same and looked like a coyote for a long time. Even full grown, he didn't get a full coat till he was 3 years old. I don't have any puppy photos of him, but below is a photo of him taken a couple of years ago, when he was six. As you can see, he doesn't resemble a coyote at all anymore :smile2:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ontario...key=Gv1sRgCMvUzITllqDT2QE#5205505357920086194

5. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    How cute is smudge getting - once the mange has cleared up he will look gorgeous. And the fluffy around the ears as well, that's how Tully started getting her coat - the ruff and the ears first.

7. romeosangiovese

romeosangiovese Forums Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2008
    Singapore
    Aww!! Smudge is looking so good. He's growing up to be real handsome and his fur is definitely starting to show!

That is so much cooler! :D It is a very pretty name and has an interesting story behind it! Do you have any connection with Maoris or New Zealand?

Yes and no. Yes coz it's on Cafepress but no coz it's only available now in a 10 pack. I'll go put it up as a single so you need not buy 10!! :lol: I've not marked it up at all from the base price that Cafepress charges, so the whole amount goes to them.

8. Janeen

Janeen Forums Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Ahh, one can only wish. However, I do not know my entire lineage, so I am going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and say yes..... just in case :]

On a different note,
    has anyone noticed their sheltie is a master escape artist?
    We keep Paikia in a very spacious, *pink* kennel overnight, but i'd say once or twice a week, we find she has escaped, and is romping the living room when we wake up. This morning, however, she not only got out of her kennel, but somehow managed to open the bedroom door, as I woke to the sound of her tags clanking together.
    I have to fake my disappointment when I speak to her, asking her what she thinks she is doing... Truly - I am deeply impressed... and I think I feel guilty about that.

Janeen

9. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    YES! I always have Smudge secured with a leash at the vet's office. They asked me to take his leash off so they could go weigh him. I gave the vet tech a look and said, "Are you reeeeaaally sure you want to try that?" She said yes, and so I took the leash off. She came back a few minutes later and told me she understood what I meant. :lol:

He can squeeze through the tiniest opening! It's scary how he does it. :uhoh: I've never had a jail break though. After being locked in his crate he'll protest for all of about 45 seconds, and then he's good for the rest of the night.

10. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

When you first watch this video, you're amazed by the thought of "How do those dogs remember that whole long routine in sequence!".

Then when you watch it closer, you start notice the subtle hand gestures the trainer uses to prompt each dog as to what trick is coming next.

It's nevertheless, very masterful! And I'm proud when I get both boys to sit and lie down in tandem! :smile2: