Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

a good deal on chicken..

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by Bellesmom, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2010
    Surrey British Columbia
    Ania, I agree about the slaughterhouses.. haven't eaten veal in probably 30 years after seeing a program about that. I have the same concern as you in giving up meal entirely, don't like tofu and you can only eat so many legumes.

2. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Costco usually has great deals on chicken. Its worth the cost of a membership, even if all you buy from them is chicken.

3. Bellesmom

Bellesmom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2010
    Surrey British Columbia
    we do have a Costco membership and are going there today :yes: I was also thinking of buying a bag of their chicken dog food and cat food and put in the freezer for emergencies should regular supply be cut off, but I am wary of the beet pulp in it.

editing, well we just got back from Costco... I didn't buy any chicken for Belle though.. bought wings for us.. their dry food is very tempting at $29 for a huge bag, I think 50 lbs, but that beet pulp did prevent me from buying it..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  4. marymrumfelt

marymrumfelt Forums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Yeah, that beet pulp is bad. Before I went to raw, I thought about getting their dog food too. But just a lot of unnecessary things in it that serve no purpose. I usually get the whole chickens from costco for .79 a lb and cut them up and divide them out to my gang.