Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Snuggle Donations Needed!

Discussion in 'Volunteers Needed' started by Tabitha, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I've been wanting to do something to help shelter dogs and cats, so I've decided to knit/crochet/sew pet beds called 'Snuggles'. I've joined a contest to see who can make the most snuggles by the end of the year. I'm hoping to make 10-20 a month. To any crafters we have here, please take some time to make a much needed hug for these wonderful animals!:hugs

Visit http://www.snugglesproject.org/ for more information on making a snuggle.

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    That's cool. I have two left hands when it comes to knitting/crocheting, but that is a really cool thing.

3. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    That is really cool. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was much younger but I never did much more than pot holders. She made several blankets for Hollie but when we got Shelby so was no longer able to crochet. When my gram passed away a few months ago I decided to try crocheting again. So I am currently making Shelby her own blanket. And now I really enjoy it (I guess I am getting old). But since everyone has more than enough blankets I didn't know what to do next.

So this is the perfect answer! I get to do something I enjoy and help this organization!

Thanks for sharing this.

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    You should join ravelry.com. It's a free knit and crochet website with thousands of wonderful patterns, some free some not (but usually at a very low price). That's where I joined the snuggle contest, which is also free to join!:biggrin2: