Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Is a Sheltie Right for Me?

Discussion in 'Considering a Sheltie?' started by angel_night, Feb 6, 2011.

1. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    If you could swing home at lunch...or could get a friend to come by, or just pay a dogwalking business to let him out once, you'd be good to go.

2. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Our Zak is one to sack out at night. Infact most nights he goes to bed by himself around 7:30. He has been a very laid back puppy and is now over a year old. Maggie as a puppy and a younger dog was always ready to play but when our down time came she would calm down. Zak is my first male and is a total love bug. Loves to cuddle and lay his head on my body. Maggie likes to be close. She now is 14 and starts her mornings loving next to us and loving in on us.

3. angel_night

angel_night Forums Regular

Feb 6, 2011
    Wales, UK
    Hi guys,

I had two lovely replies back from two breeders :)

One said that it sounded like I'd done lots of research and that that was fantasric but sadly she wasn't looking to breed in the forseeable future, but if she does change her mind she will get in touch with me :) She gave me lots of contacts to look into for the future!

I had a very long reply from another breeder. She was always very glad about the research I had conducted and was happy with my past experience of dogs (border collies, terriers, heinz 57, goxhound x etc etc). She gave me lots of information on illnesses that shelties are prone to and her own approach to various things. She sounds fantastic, so I've asked her now if she does deide to have a litter next year, if she thinks I am suitable, if she would consider letting me know :) Fingers crossed!