Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I have a new pet.....

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by BarbV, Dec 21, 2014.

1. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

An Ibot ROOMBA 360. An early Xmas gift

omg! this is too much fun! Its like having a dog that you don't have to feed, it feeds itself. thought for sure Indy would go ape because he barks at hair dryers, lawn mowers and any other mechanical machinery. He even goes ape when I shovel snow.

But I just turned it on, and fed the boys a few treats and let the Roomba go! Not a bark! I let it run for about 45 minutes. It even slid underneath my bathroom cabinets and pushed out a plastic soap dish cover I'd been looking for for months/1 It wandered around a lot in my living/kitchen area, then I picked it up to move to the back part of my house.....it needed some encouragement. Just like a puppy!

I'm killing myself laughing and hugging this machine. This is a MUST have on your xmas list!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    So what did you name it?

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I'm trying to remember if the robot maid on the Jetsons had a name.....if not I'm thinking Molly. She's pretty wonderful. You should all ask for this.

Indy who goes ape over hair dryers and lawn mowers totally ignored it

4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Rosie :smile2:

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Sadly our Issac had to be put down last year, he got a case of terminal spins and could not be fixed. Saving up for the new super duper ones designed for pet hair, etc.

PS Our neighbors named theirs Rosie and bought stick on eyeballs--too cute!

6. Sheltie4

Sheltie4 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2013
    Kansas City
    I had one a few years ago - I loved it, but so did Tres . . . he would hit the button on top to turn it on, then herd it throughout the house.

Tres thought it was a great playmate and didn't get snarky with him like his furry room mates!

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Yay! My "Tuga" (Tortuga - turtle in Spanish) welcomes his new cousin! Mine is not a Roomba but another one and is green. Shay, Melli, and the cats ignore it. Cubby watches. I haven't run it in a while and I should. It was hard when I was working because I had a lot of cords but now that I am not working that is not quite the issue. LOVE these. With 3 dogs and 3 cats I can leave it running 24/7.

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Rosie! That's it!

I'm just shocked that Indy that barks at hair dryers, lawn mowers, snow shovels, etc....just started at this then walked away. Its loud and it moves.....I thought he would go ape! And neither one has tried to attack it or is spooked!

I'm kinda a little disappointed....I thought it might be a new toy for the dogs!

LOL!