Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Heartbreaking story

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by vickaaayhay, Dec 5, 2014.

1. vickaaayhay

vickaaayhay Forums Regular

Sep 21, 2014
    Amarillo
    Hi all, found this story the other day and it is truly a tear-jerker. It is worth the read! Cutest little guy. Great message! Hope to rescue a sheltie in the future as well.

http://www.viralnova.com/dog-rescue-factory/

2. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful, absolutely beautiful story.

3. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    That was beautiful except it made me cry a little. The pic of him being cuddled & spoon-fed did it! So sweet, thank goodness that Sheltie approached a kind loving person, they do have excellent instincts about people don't they?

Thanks for posting the link.

4. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Toothless's owners put it right in perspective when he said "I hope we gave him more good memories to wipe out some of the bad". That is exactly how we think of Tinsel - who by the way, celebrates 3 years with us today. He too is now deaf and a bit more likely to react to changes around him but he is a loving little guy that spends most of his time sleeping somewhere near me. Thanks for sharing the story of Toothless.

5. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    What a beautiful story! It so reminded me of one of my 1st rescues. Hershey looked very similar to toothless & had that same sweet face. I got him & 2 females from a shelter in Ok. They said they thought he was 4 but when I got him home to Louisiana, my vet said he was at least 8. We had 4 wonderful years with him. He was a blessing & he rescued us, not the other way around.

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009