Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Odor free bully sticks

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by Judyg, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Where is the best place to order these? I accidentally ordered non odor free ones and they really stink!!so did my dogs after chewing on them. They both love bully sticks, but I can't take the smelly ones. UGH!!

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I know what you mean. I got the buffalo ones from Petflow and dear God help us. Windows open and fans going and I was gagging.

Right now I am getting them from Chewy.com along with the food. "Pet's Choice Premium Dog Bullies" is the "brand". I was given some "odor-free" from bestbullysticks.com and they were great too. I also had another one from Petflow. "Cadet Gourmet Natural Bully Stick" All of these three are the thicker and harder ones. Cubby is doing better with them now that his adult teeth are in and can now eat about 1/2 a 6" in about 20 min. Melli does a good job chewing up the ends. Shay consumes a 12" in about 20 min. I also got "Heartland Premium Beef Pizzle Stter Bully Sticks Dog Treats" from Petflow. They had some odor but not THAT bad. What I liked was these were thinner and crunchier. The shelties did better with them. But they had some odor and were consumed much faster.

Since I had to go to Chewy to get the new food (Pure Vita by Nutrisource) I am doing the Pet's Choice. There is some variation in thickness in the pack and I give the thinner to the shelties and the thicker to Shay.

Hope this helps. Bully sticks can be very very good or very very very bad for sure

3. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    I get the regular ones from Best Bully Sticks. They stink abominably in the bag, but once they're taken out the odor dissipates. Dickens refuses to take one from my hand; he just sniffs and sniffs it, but when I put it on the ground he pounces on it.

4. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    I got dentleys bully sticks from petsmart! They were great.. It was our first time trying them. No odor, no mess. Cooper ate probably 3 inches in 30 minutes. They were very durable

5. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I just ordered some from Amazon. they will be here on Sunday

6. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    I love the Dentley's. The braided ones last the longest at my house.

7. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    I will hAve to try braided!

8. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.

I'm going to have to try some of those braided ones as well. The sticks from Amazon came today and have been very well received too...and not stinky at all!!