Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dickens is Bathed: No Stay of Execution

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Mignarda, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Despite last-minute pleas by his attorneys, the Sheltie Dickens was bathed by non-lethal immersion today, State officials said.

In a last-minute plea to the Governor, attorneys for the condemned argued not only that the procedure was cruel and unusual, but that their client was mentally incompetent to understand why he was being subjected to the procedure. They pled for a stay of execution, and a commutation of the sentence to life without ablution.

Having examined the arguments both for Dickens and the State, the Governor rejected the plea for clemency on the grounds that the procedure was neither cruel nor unusual, since non-lethal immersion was both painless and performed daily on hundreds if not thousands of Shelties similary situated. So far as the mental defense was concerned, the Governor pointed out that while the IQ of a Sheltie is relatively low in human terms, in canine terms it would approximate the equivalent of a human Einstein. The State was thereby ordered to proceed with the execution.

The execution chamber (caution: not for the sensitive):

The condemned went gamely to his fate. He entered the execution chamber at approximately 10:30 a.m. When asked if he had any final words to say, his reply was "Arf! Arf!" which, translated, means "I know I am going to be in a better state when this is done, and I forgive the people who are doing it to me. But I still don't like it!" At 10:35 a cocktail comprised of dihydrogen monoxide began flowing through a plastic tubing, and the prisoner was immersed:

The prisoner (caution: not for the sensitive):

At 10:48, the Warden pronounced the prisoner clean, and ordered him to be removed from the execution chamber. "The sentence has been carried out," he grimly said.

The aftermath (for everyone, sensitive and otherwise):

http://youtu.be/oT8wLAVGtfM

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    :yuckyuck

I read this aloud, to the vast amusement of my family! Dickens, you're a hoot -- but not as funny as your Dad!!!

3. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
  4. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    That was fun - it's Hanna's turn next.

5. MorningBrew

MorningBrew Forums Regular

May 12, 2014
    New York
    I'm crying X'D

Dickens is fantastic, but your narration/commentary is even better hehehe

6. kryslaurelle

kryslaurelle Forums Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    I was wondering how Dickens was today, and if he had gotten his bath! I love the post-bath zoomies!

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    This is hilarious! A cautionary tale to Shelties everywhere for sure....don't get dirty if you fear The Bath Sentence! :uhoh:

Bet Dickens is squeaky clean though! :yes:

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck
    That made me lol!

How creative of you!!! I enjoyed every word!
    Don't worry dickens... All my boys got bathed last week to look good for Christmas!

Outstanding post... Thanks for brightening our day... Even if it was at mr dickens expense! At least he got a treat at the end. :lol:

9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    What a great first morning read. Thanks although laughing while drinking coffee can be dangerous!

10. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    so entertaining!!!

That was hilarious! The zoomies afterwards are so funny, they want to wipe off the procedure? It snowed last night here in CO, so after my lil monsters play in the white stuff-it will become mud soon, so my girls will be hitting the warm tub to wash off the remnants. Neither will be thrilled with me by the evening, they will be pretty but I will be shunned and in the doghouse for my actions.