Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Mobile Version?

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by ClantyreSheltie, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    That's the whole question. Is there a mobile version of the forums available?

2. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Mine just shows up like the reg web page on my phone (iphone) and ipad...does it not show up correctly for you?

3. ClantyreSheltie

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    It does show up, the whole page, really small. Workable on the iPad, not on my phone.

4. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Long story as to why we don't have one yet - the crib note version: The software we run would either require a massive upgrade to an unstable version of VB or switching to a different forum hosting platform all together. Either way... it would be a huge undertaking that would be very expensive. I'm hoping we do not have to go down that path.

The other option I'm investigating is a separate software that might offer some "basic" mobile ability. It wouldn't have all the bells and whistles of more advanced applications, but it isn't as invasive and more cost effective. I'd also still need to find and hire a programmer to get it up and running for us though.

It is on my radar for the future of the forums.

5. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Same here....

6. ClantyreSheltie

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Ok. I totally understand back end complexities. We don't offer online entries for the same reason. Thanks!

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    See, Kelly, we all just love Sheltie Nation so much we want to take it everywhere!!! :lol: