Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

all-white Shelties

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by DebbieGilbert, Oct 27, 2010.

1. scottanddeb

scottanddeb Forums Enthusiast

Feb 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    BRAVO!!
    Well said.
    Our Jack is a color headed White - a total handfull, a bit of a basket case. He bit me three times in his first month with us. We got him @ 5 mos from a breeder in PA. (who shall remain nameless) who, IMHO should be shut down.
    It's been just about 1.5 years since we got him & I've lost count of the people who keep asking us how we tolerate him (gets us up at 4 am , still occasionally poops & pees in the house, still will ((very seldom)) take a nip at me if he's startled, won't come on command most of the time) and why we just don't "get rid of him".
    This is his HOME -we don't throw away family members, no matter how ill behaved. And besides, where would he go?
    He might end up with someone who wouldn't show the patience & tolerance that we are capable of, & who knows what would become of him then?
    THIS is his forever home.
    I know this post is a bit off subject -but I just loved the response of MIA's owner (MBFrench -again -BRAVO!!)-it's not her fault she was born all white -it's not Jacks fault he was neglected & more than likely abused for the first 5 Mos. of his life.

BTW -we have three other shelties who all behave beautifully -Jack is our one problem child & very handsome as well.

some pics!

Jack when we got him -this pic still brings tears to my eyes -he was so scared & lonely.
    http://pookies.shutterfly.com/34

Jack about 5 months later, a very happy dog.;
    http://pookies.shutterfly.com/33#33

scott

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. scottanddeb

Feb 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    better late than never!

Just realised how old the thread was (sept 2011)
    no matter -still a fan of MB French & my lovely little troublemaker Jack (who is currently sitting under my computer desk with his head resting on my bare feet (sweet little bubba!:sadsmile:

3. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Jack is beautiful, I'm glad no matter what you won't give him up. Bravo to you.

4. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    I saw the re-surface of the thread..and I thought..why has this been re-surfaced,as it pretty much makes a pit in my stomach...

But thank you for the kind words. I am also glad that Jack has become such a wonderful addition to your life!
    Blessings to you!!

5. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks for adopting Jack giving him such a wonderful life.

What a difference in the two pictures!
    He is now such a happy boy!! I love it!

ps Jack is an extremely handsome boy.

6. celloyogi

celloyogi Forums Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2012
    southeast MI
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thanks- he's quite the looker:yes:

8. scottanddeb

Feb 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    My apologies MBFrench. I searched the sheltie Color page because we are still having more trouble with jack (the CHW) than we have had with our other three Shelties combined over the last ten years.
    I was curious whether his color &/or genetic makeup due to poor breeding practices might be a contributing factor regarding his behaviour.

I did read that thread with deep interest -one of the contributors seemed to think that the only Shelties that should be allowed on this site are AKA "approved' dogs. As for myself -I don't think I will ever buy a dog from a breeder again -there are too many dogs in shelters for me to do that with a clear conscience.

MBFrench -I didn't mean to open an old wound - i understand -believe me.

thank you for your kind words regarding Jack -he's a treasure.

scott

9. scottanddeb

Feb 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Beautiful happy dogs

to Calliesmom;

what a sweetie -georgous pup!

We got Jack to give Tyke a playmate - Joy & Gage are 10 & 9 years old respectively, they act like boyfriend & girlfriend (or an old married couple :hugs), we got them about two years apart, both from shelters.

We got Tyke as a 9 week old pup from a breeder in OK. He is a very centered dog -very polite, doesn't really seem interested in ball play -likes to play with other dogs & to chase & be chased (though when I chase him he hides -big bad daddy!:razz:)

He needed someone to keep him occupied as Joy & Gage have slowed down & prefer each others company over anything else -(though Joy is so obviously in love with me it can be embarrassing:yuckyuck

well -getting Jack did the trick -he certainly keeps Tyke occupied most of the time.

here's one of Jack with the rest of the pack;

http://pookies.shutterfly.com/79

scott

10. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina

Oh not to worry,I have had plenty of time to absorb,learn..and use the ignore feature of the forum..(teehee)! I did find myself rather on the irritated side reading what the original poster was insinuating...

But not to worry,I am glad the thread is still here,and it gives other members an idea of double merles,the issues of breeding,and its all about awareness as far as we are concerned.
    If we are not thier voice,and educate,it still will continue to be an issue,and with many more puppies being put to sleep in early days of life. Or surrendered to rescues,for folks like you & us to offer a quality of life.