Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Zippy's HW treatment

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by LadyMcBeth, Apr 5, 2012.

1. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    So glad for a Zippy update.....I root for the little guy too! I think it's great so many people came together to make sure he was not left alone and forgotten....thanks to those who made a difference. Espcially Mike and Danny's Mom...

It is funny how many of us have come to care about this special senior guy... I am looking forward to hearing about his HW free party at Opal Divine's and him riding shotgun in St. Glenn's truck to Home Depot!:yes:

2. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    Update!

Here is a picture of Zippy today, almost recovered from the heartworm treatment, and doing fine! He had a bit of trouble during the storms we had here in Austin last night, but got a dose of valeria root to calm him down and all was well.....

Attached Files:

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OMG isn't he just precious. What a tough little dude to go through all this at his age. Soon soon he will be back out riding in the car and visiting the restaurant with St. Glenn.

Thanks so much for the update and picture!!! :biggrin2:

4. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    So glad for little Zippy, he's doing great. He has a big 'HW free' party to look forward to at his favorite restaurant with his daddy Glenn. Love little Zippy.

5. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I love Zippy updates.! So glad all is well in Zippyland. He is a tough little guy to make it through the heartworm treatment at his age. Looks like he is being well taken care of and loved by St. Glenn.I hope they get some pictures when Zippy has his heartworm free party. You just have to love little Zippy.

6. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    So glad to hear he is doing so well. He looks soooo happy in his photo!!
    May the good times continue for the Zipster!!:yes:

7. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Zippy is heartworm free

Just received an email from Saint Glenn and Zippy is now heartworm free. All odds were against this little guy, but he chose hope. Zippy has made it!!!

Zippy is doing great and has put on 8 pounds. He must be liking his dinners, plus he had to stay very inactive during treatment. What a change from when we all first saw him on Petfinder at that kill shelter. Today he goes to the groomers.

Yesterday was Zippy’s HW free party at Opal Divines. Party on the deck! Love you Zip! Thank all you here at SN for you prayers and support.
    More pictures in my album:

http://www.sheltieforums.com/album.php?albumid=458

Attached Files:

8. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    How did I miss this last post? Yay Zippy! You made it! What a tough little guy. I can see the hint of a little belly now kind of like my Danny Boy. I just love his new pictures at his party. He has a better social life than me. Love you Zippy.

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Glad to hear that Zippy is now heartworm free!!!

I missed this post too!!!!!

So glad to hear this.

Thanks for the update.

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Gosh I missed this post as well - but have been thinking about Zippy and figured he must be close to done with his treatment. I AM SO HAPPY for Zippy. Bless him and St. Glenn too. He looks so happy in the pictures. I bet he loved his party.

Wishing them nothing but the best. Hugs to Zippy.