Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Why Does My Four Month Old Sheltie Puppy Have Such a Thin Coat?

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Janeen, Sep 7, 2009.

1. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Welcome! You can upload a picture two different ways. The first is to join as a Premium Member for only $25/year. It helps Kelly keep the site going.

Or, you can upload your pictures to a free photo sharing website (like Flickr, Shutterfly, etc...) and just share the link here.

2. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    Unless it's a particularly coated line, that looks pretty typical for that age, as far as coat goes. They tend to go through awkward stages.
    I can't say I'm thrilled to hear your boyfriends mom is breeding an unregistered dog, which I would guess isn't being bred to better the breed, and no health testing (hips, eyes, thyroid, vwd) is being done to ensure the parents are clear of all hereditary defects that can be scanned for prior to breeding them :/ Breeding for the sake of creating a bunch of pet puppies is the wrong reason to be breeding.

3. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Thanks for the information!

Here is the link on how to get a premium membership:
    http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=2