Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Congratulations Cranberry!

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Oct 9, 2015.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I saw you ranked in the latest issue of Front and Finish, the #5 Sheltie in Rally Advanced A! Congratulations! Are you going to Tulsa????

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    what?.............:eek2:

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Obviously Cranberry is the better behaved and more observant of the pair :razz:

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    well, I didn't even know that they ranked rally......
    I've seen your flyball posts with the rankings and I've seen links to agility rankings on websites but had no idea that rally was also ranked.........

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
  6. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    Wow! Congratulations:cool:

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    There must not have been a lot of Adv A dogs in 2014....

here's how the dogs are ranked:
    Front & Finish® Rally Advanced A Ratings

A: The Front & Finish® Rally Advanced A Ratings rank dogs in AKC Rally Obedience competition that place first through fourth in Rally Advanced A classes during a given calendar year. One point is earned for each dog defeated within a class. For example, in a class of 20 competing dogs, the first place winner would receive 19 points as it defeated this number of other dogs. The second place winner would receive 18 points; third place, 17 points; and fourth place, 16 points. After points in each class are determined they are compiled across a given competition year and published in reports listing the top ten dogs across all breeds, the top ten dogs within each group, and the top ten dogs within each breed. All dogs tying for a given position are listed.

so it says during a calendar year: in 2014, Cranberry only competed three times in Rally Advanced A. He only competed four times total in Rally Advanced A but one trial was in 2013. At the two smaller trials, I believe that he did place first but there weren't many dogs in those classes- I'll have to dig up the catalogs to be sure but there were probably only 2 dogs in the one class. Even at the big trial that we went to where he got his title, there were only 5 dogs in that class- he got third there.

Dixie also competed three times in Rally Advanced A in 2014. I believe that she placed in two of those and didn't qualify at all in the other trial.

surprisingly to me, it mentions nothing about scores. I know that one of Cran's first places was with a score of 99 but I don't remember for the others....

maybe they'll both be in the rankings for Excellent A next year- if we don't need to worry about scores.....:winkgrin:

8. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Congrats!

Well since you can't show in Advance A for long after you get your title, dogs likely don't lingering in the class.

Justice was my Novice A AKC Obedience dog and he was #4 in Novice A in 2004. I showed him the entire 60 days I was allowed after he earned his title- 12 total shows and 10 firsts and 2 seconds in fairly large classes. Frankly the only reason I held him in the A class was to get experience. Most title and go.

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Go Justice- that is awesome:yes:

and that is actually how Cran got 3 trials in 2014. his first leg was in fall 2013. after he got his title in October, I just didn't bother to move him up for our trial in November. he definitely wasn't ready for Excellent yet.....
    I would be hard pressed to enter 12 shows in a year without some traveling- (more than 3 hours).......