Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Meds Questions

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by Lisadale, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Lisadale

Lisadale Forums Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    United States
    Does anyone know how long it will take Lily to adapt to her Zonisamide? She's been sleepy and has attempted to nap on the couch (something she has never done in the past).

Also, does anyone use Rescue Remedy after seizures? I was on a canine epilepsy forum, and Rescue Remedy was recommended by a lot of pet owners.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I've used Rescue Remedy for anxiety and it didn't help my dogs. However, I never tried it after Pixie's seizures. I don't think it would hurt...it's a great herbal that many people have good luck with.

I can't answer your about the medication because we didn't use chemical meds. I would think Lily's reaction might be normal though, since most seizure meds relax the dog. I would call your vet's office though and ask them the question.

3. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
  4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I have never used Zonisamide, but other seizures meds that I have used tend to take 3-4+ weeks for the dog's body to adapt to the meds and not feel sleepy all the time.

Trini