Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Where Do You Get Those Hats??!!!

Discussion in 'Clothing, Leashes & Collars' started by LaddieKatieMom, Sep 3, 2014.

1. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I've seen many beautiful photos of your little girls wearing the most adorable "fancy hats" and I'd love to get one for my precious Lady! Where do you find these wonderful "garden" hats that your girls are wearing? Did you buy or create yourselves??

2. Jeanine

Jeanine Forums Novice

Aug 5, 2016
    I don't know if you're still looking - most of ours came from Hobby Lobby and were dressed up with the help of some hot glue. You can also find them at some of the larger shows. PM me if you're interested in more ideas!

3. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    Canine sized millinery isn't that hard if you want to get creative. I made Olive a fedora when she was Carmen Sandiego and the hardest part was figuring out the right angle for the peak I wanted. I did use mostly proper millinery techniques- if you're doing it for fun you probably don't need to worry about reinforcing with buckram and using a petersham band, etc.

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I've made my girls hats from thrift shop finds. My local consignment store sells great fascinators, too!

5. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    Dating myself here, but if you know about Teddy Ruxpin, he had clothes, and hats, and those are a good sheltie fit. Sometimes those are in goodwill.