Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Puppy Height and Weight

Discussion in 'General Health' started by corbinam, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Belladora

Belladora Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2010
    Rowlett, Texas
    I thought from the pictures they seemed to look very close

2. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Ginny is 8 months old now, wow, does time ever fly!

I measured and weighed her they other day and she's now at 13.5 inches and a little over 11 lbs.

Maybe she'll reach 14 inches after all! I'd guessed that she wouldn't get bigger than 13.5 inches. In any case, she's growing very slowly so she's not going to get very much bigger. She's such a cute little bean!

3. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I find it so interesting how sheltie's height and weight really varies.

Bailey is 10 months old, 13 inches and 15 pounds. She's half an inch shorter than Ginny, but 4 pounds heavier. 4 pounds is a big difference. Bailey is not fat or over weight. She does appear to be a stockier sheltie.

4. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, that is interesting, especially since Ginny was looking a bit plump for a while. I cut back on her food a tad after she was spayed. She's an inch taller now so she's slimmed out some, although she's still gained a bit more weight.

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Checking in again..Lexi is now 6 months old. 12 pounds and 14".

She is SO skinny! I'm not sure if it's because she isn't very fuzzy, but she has the tiniest little waist.

6. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Jasper is 4-1/2 months and he weighs 12lbs. & is 12-1/2" tall.

He is not fuzzy either,not in the least,but has a very dense thick undercoat like a cotton ball.Very few guard hairs,and if he does have them they are so light they are not noticable. Very differant than Trapp at this age.

7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Sounds like Jasper and Lexi are around the same size. At 4.5 months, Lexi was 13 inches and around 10 pounds. It's going to be interesting to see the two of them together.

I think Jasper is even fuzzier than Lexi, at least he looks it in his pictures. Lexi has the really smooth coat. The only fuzzy part about her is her butt!

8. mbfrench

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Oh it will be a blast to see the two little pups play together.I can't wait.Jasper's coat is very dense & thick,don't know what that will translate as to his coat as it grows,but he is a thick coated puppy right now.

Where as Trapp had lots of long guard hairs(at 4-1/2 months),undercoat was thick,but not dense,and it was very dark. Now Trapp is just a big puff ball all over.

9. Sheltie:)

Sheltie:) Forums Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    Minnesota
    Hi,

Took Judah to the Vet today.

22 weeks (5 1/2 months)
    15.5" at the withers
    19.4 lbs

Oh yeah! :yes:

10. mbfrench

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Jaspers visit yesterday (20 weeks) he was 12lbs.7 ounces & 12-1/2" tall. Still much smaller than Trapp was at his age.