Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Trapp recuperating from bacteria infection~

Discussion in 'General Health' started by mbfrench, Apr 11, 2012.

1. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    So as some of you know,my boy Trapp had not felt well in the last week or so. We returned home from vacation in NY,and within the last few days there,it was obvious something was not right.

The ride home,was horrible,as we made many stops for him to potty & also to get special food for him & drinks to keep him hydrated.

So day before yesterday,I woke up to the most horrendous mess on sun porch. And it all was from Trapp. He was sick all over & loose watery stool.

Dr's diagnosis was a bacterial infection. So to back track...the first day or two in NY I caught him eating & drinking from a cat dish & also caught him crunching kitty poo. While Mia was with us,she never ventured for the found treasures,and she did not get sick.

So Dr. Mac said from test results & cultures,that Trapp had a bacterial infection. And I will say,a dogs breath can certainly give you an indication something is VERY,VERY wrong. As his breath was like not even tolerable.So I can only imagine what his gut felt like.

So he is on a round of antibiotics,cerenia ,Metronidazole.(sp) He is looking & feeling perkier since last night,and his appetite has returned. He sure gave us a scare.

2. Meldor

Meldor Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2011
    Ottawa
    I'm glad he is doing much better!

Kyara had a very similar episode when she was 7 months old. 2 days before she got sick, I had also busted her munching on kitty poop while at a friend's place.

It's so scary to see them get sick like that. Anyhow, after we brought her to the emergency vet and got her on meds, 3 days later she was back on her feet and her normal self.

Sending my thoughts so that Trapp recuperated just as quickly!

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Poor baby.

Just sent up prayers for Trapp's total and speedy recovery.

4. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Just happy to hear he is doing better.

5. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Glad he is feeling better!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    us too:yes:

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh, poor Trapp. Ally has occasionally had this, usually from eating a moldy, dried up and left over plum from the plum tree. I try and knock 'em all down in the fall, but sometimes I miss one, she eats it and presto! Major tummy troubles and diarrhea. YUCK.

Hope Trapp is doing better now.

8. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    So relieved Trapp is better. Danny Boy had an infection years ago when he was eating bunny poo.

9. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    So is Jasper laughing at him since he didn't get to go?

10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Poor Trapp! Glad he's on the mend and that you caught it. Why is it they consider kitty crunchies such a delicacy??? :confused2: