Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Cassie, gone 3/18/12 at 7 years old

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Sandi'sMom, Mar 31, 2012.

1. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

I am so sorry for your loss. This is a dreadful disease. You and your family are in my prayers.

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Dear St. Francis,
    Thank you for welcoming Cassie to Rainbow Bridge. Her Mom would hardly recognize her as she ran up to you, eyes shining, coat glistening, all filled with health and joy. Bring comfort to her family -- they miss her so. Help them know that to Cassie, it will seem but the twinkling of an eye before she sees them coming through the green fields to cross the Bridge at last.
    In His name we ask,
    Amen

3. Sandi'sMom

Sandi'sMom Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Thank you so much Chris. Very sweet of you.

4. Sandi'sMom

Aug 24, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Yeah, we ARE devastated and heart broken, indeed.

5. Sackett

Sackett Forums Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2010
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    im sorry I missed this post; my thoughts are with you... the love these sheltie s give to us is priceless; but to loose it is unfathomable..

6. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    I too am sorry I missed this post....I'm sure you have the sweetest of memories of her time with you....and you can draw strength from that... I am glad to hear you are thinking of getting a new fur-kid, Daisy helped me get through the rough times when my Anna passed away.

I found this link that may help you. Although it talks mainly about making the death decision, it has some good info about dealing with the grief after your pet is gone, and a vet's perspective.

http://www.vetstreet.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-grief-and-losing-a-pet

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I just read this post. Oh I am so so sorry that you lost Cassie at such a young age. My prayers and thoughts will be for you while you grieve for sweet Cassie.:hugs

8. Sandi'sMom

Aug 24, 2008
    Central Ohio

Hi Danny's mommy ... thank YOU and EVERYBODY WHO EXPRESSED THEIR SYMPATHY, CARE AND GRIEF about my beloved Cassie. It's really tough time for us. We remember her every day.

We are giving the best care and love to the new puppy Sandi we adopted from the Sheltie Rescue. I started Sandi album on Photobucket... Here is a link: http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/Laura0681/Sandi/ Hope you can open it. Every place we go to with Sandi - park, street etc. we used to go with Cassie. :sadsmile:

Thanks a million again everybody. Your care is very much appreciated.

Laura.