Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie Nation Fundraiser for Petunia

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kelly, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Sheltie Nation has teamed with Tri-State Sheltie Rescue to do a fundraiser to help with the medical costs of a new Sheltie in their care, Petunia.

She requires surgery to remove a huge tumor. You can read more about Petunia's story on our Sheltie Nation post:
    http://sheltienation.com/2012/05/petunia.html

We will be donating $20.00 from every new Premium Member registration between now and June 11th. If you have ever thought about joining, upgrading or renewing your membership this is a great time to do it. (Just click on "Become a Premium Member" in the blue toolbar above.)

You get the awesome forum perks and a Sheltie Nation decal while supporting a great cause.

A representative from the rescue has also joined the forum and will provide updates on the fundraising efforts as well as updates on her care.

Let's help get this lovely girl the care she so deserves! :hugs

2. mmcginty

mmcginty Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2011
    How early are we allowed to renew, any limit?

Sounds like a great cause!

Best of luck to Petunia! :yes:

3. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Great question! If you are already a premium member, but have not expired, you can renew now. One year will just be tacked onto the time you currently have left.

4. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I think my membership expires next month. I'll renew now to help out this little girl. Do I go to "become a premium member" to renew or ....:confused2:

5. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Just go to your User CP and look for "paid subscriptions" on the lower left side. Just let me know if you need more help.

6. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Thanks Kelly! I think I successfully renewed...

7. Maida

Maida Forums Regular

Jul 31, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Miss Petunia

This poor little sweetheart. Just breaks my heart to read about her and see the pictures. Thank God someone with a heart rescued her. And thank you, dear Kelly, for posting the information so we can help her. I know many forum members will want to help this little girl. Shelties are just the sweetest dogs in the world. Please keep us posted on sweet Petunia.

Maida, owned by sweet Christopher and sweet Ritchie, and my eight beautiful little Sheltie angels.

8. copper5228

copper5228 Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2012
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    Hi Everyone!!!

On behalf of Tri-State Sheltie Rescue, I would like to say THANK YOU to Sheltie Nation for the support and to everyone who becomes a Premium Member or donates to help Petunia!!! :biggrin2: We are working hard to raise funds for this little sweetie's surgeries. The outpouring of support has been tremendous so far, and Petunia has only been in our care for about a week. I will update here as often as I can with news and her pupdates!!!

Please visit the link in the top post for the article featured here on Sheltie Nation for Petunia. And please also visit www.tristatesheltierescue.org for pictures of Petunia, and click the red link on the cover page for more info. :)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

THANK YOU!!! :biggrin2:

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Thanks to Kelly - for posting this as a thread and as the picture/story of the day.

A big thanks to Tri State Sheltie Rescue. I made a donation today.

C'mon, Sheltie Nation, the rescue can do their good works only with our help and Petunia NEEDS US.

I'm sure any amount will help.

Anxiously awaiting updates on Miss Petunia.

10. copper5228

copper5228 Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2012
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    Petunia had her nails clipped (they curled so far under her paws that it was painful to walk) and she is on antibiotics to help her out right now, and she went for a walk to a park today and enjoyed it!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.