Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Zippy's HW treatment

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by LadyMcBeth, Apr 5, 2012.

1. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    I just heard Zippy made it through the first stage of his HW treatment, and is doing fine. I hope prayers and positive thoughts keep coming his way....

2. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I say a prayer for little Zippy every day especially now during his heart worm treatment.

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Definitely, continuous prayers are going out for Mr. Zippy.

4. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    We are all hoping this precious boy does well and has many more years of love and happiness in his forever home!!

Rob
    Katie: 15 y/o Tri Diva
    Laddie: 6 y/o One-Eyed Cookie Thief

5. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Zippy's good after first round of HW treatments

I heard from Glenn this morning with an update on Zippy. Zippy spent yesterday at the vets for him first round of HW treatments. He did well and came home yesterday afternoon. He had a good night and did not wake up coughing (from the HWs) as he usually does. Zippy was up this morning and went out but didn’t have much of an appetite. I’m sure this will come around.

Continued prayers for our little angel in Austin.

6. UConn Sheltie

UConn Sheltie Forums Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    Conn
    Paws in prayer at our house for Mr. Zippy and St. Glen

7. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    This is the time for miracles & he deserves one or 2. I am so glad he is getting the care he needs. With all the prayers for him there has to be a happy ending for him. Just think of how wonderful he must feel to know he's safe & loved.

8. mmcginty

mmcginty Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2011
    I just read up on heart worm to refresh my memory and it made my flesh crawl! What a horrible condition to endure, worse that it's so preventable!

Our hearts go out to Ziggy and the kind folks that are providing for his treatment; we hope he makes a full recovery from the damage done by this hideous parasite!

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Zippy, hope you are feeling OK! Miss Asta and Miss Ally send their regards and best wishes for a full recovery. You deserve it, buddy.

10. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    Zippy Update

St. Glenn reports that Zippy is doing great after his HW treatment, but isn't real happy with the confinement. I guess he doesn't understand not going for truck rides or to Opal Divine's...a pet friendly restaurant here in Austin. He has very sad eyes for Glenn when he leaves without him.

I'll admit, I had my doubts that Zip would make it through the treatment. But I am so pleased (to put it mildly) that he seems to be doing great! I hope for a speedy recovery so he may soon join St. Glenn and family on new excursions and adventures.....