Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Won't Remember my Password

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Tagg, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    I'm not sure if the origin of this problem lays with my computer or the forum but I'm incapable of getting an automatic log in even though I click the "Remember Me" button . It was working just fine until about a week ago and then it asked me to log in - which I did and I clicked the remember button to no avail and now I am having to key in my password every time. Hope you can help.

2. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    If it was working fine up until about a week ago, then it is unfortunately a problem specific to your computer browser.

Did you recently update software? Are you running the most current version of your internet browser software? Have you checked your cookies settings?

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Might be the problem I had if you have a Mac. If so go to where Safari is do a Get Info on the app and turn run as 32 bit off

4. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Thanks for your responses. I don't have a Mac. Hubby did make a change to the computer by putting the forum on the tool bar so I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday for him to have a look at what might have gone wrong.

5. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    hubbies changing things :gaah:gaah:gaah

6. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    I'm assuming by toolbar you mean you click on it and it goes directly to the page, right?

If you go to Tools>Options>Privacy, you can see if it erases things everyday, like passwords.

e.g. at work, I have it on "private browsing", so that when I close the window, it forgets everything and I have to sign in again, etc. But at home, it's not on that, so my password stays in there forever.

If that makes no sense.....wait for your hubby. :)