Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bi-blue color

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by Jess041, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Narmowen

Narmowen Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2008
    About 15 years ago, in my area, it was the sables that were dominant, so much so that me and my blue boy would sometimes be the only one in our AOAC class. Last time I showed, about four years ago, I had to fight for room in that same class.

2. sheltieluvr6

sheltieluvr6 Forums Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2011
    California
    Bi blacks and bi blues have such pretty coats. Those are my two absolute favorites!

After reading up on bi blacks, I've found that they were actually one of the original coat colors. They just seemed less common compared to the typical sable (common but also beautiful) and kind of faded out. I'm glad to hear that they are making a comeback though. I love them! And hopefully I'm getting a bi blue puppy in late May :biggrin2:

3. bibluegirl

bibluegirl Forums Regular

Apr 14, 2012
    pa
    I have to agree!! They are also my favorite. After waiting a very long time 9 years I finally got the bi blue puppy I was waiting for. I lost my tri 3 years ago to a brain tumor and wasn't really looking to get another dog as soon as I did, but the breeder called me and told me she thought one of the pups was going to be a bi-blue.

She was expecting a litter of tris and blues but she said it was possible that she could get bi's as the dad was bi factored. Sure enough my little Flash was a bi and georgous:)

My trainer and I actually fought over him.

Once I figure out how to get pictures up on here I will post some.

Actually now that I remember his brother was a bi black.