Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What's a premium member? How do I become one?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Kelly, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    The Sheltie Forums is a service provided to the Sheltie loving community by SheltieNation.com. However, the software & hosting for this service is expensive, so in order to help support these forums, we're offering Premium Memberships with added features.

All moderators are volunteers on the website. Tech support is by hire, contracted by the job. We hire others as the need arises for everything from software upgrades to coding help. The owner of this site works in an office by day and keeps Sheltie Nation going by evening and weekends. She's spent her own money to keep these websites going all this time (since 2006) with a little help over the past few years from amazon.com and other advertising.

Who is this owner? She is the keeper of the keys to Sheltie Nation - that would be me. :D

Purchasing a Premium Membership is not required in order to participate on the Sheltie Forums. But if you enjoy your time here and have received help, we hope you'll contribute to the future of the site!

What does a premium membership include?
    • The ability to attach photographs directly into your posts
    • One free Sheltie Nation decal
    • Ability to post in live chat
    • Your own forums picture gallery
    • Free Sheltie Angel photo gallery upgrade.
    • A custom profile page
    • Increased Private Message storage limits
    • Access to a private VIP, non-dog related general chat forum
    • Can upload a custom avatar
    • A Premium Member Badge that displays by your user name.
    • Can post events
    • Discounted rate for Marketplace ads
    • Access to exclusive raffle promotions
    • Fewer advertisements displayed
    The cost is $30 per year. Every Premium Membership purchase helps to give a gift that keeps on giving for the next group of people looking for help or support. $30.00 is a great deal, I think.

Sheltie lover to Sheltie lover support online...at a bargain price!

You can purchase a Premium Membership instantly with PayPal once you are registered as a regular member. Just click on "User CP," which appears in the blue menu bar near the top of each page. In the User CP, select "Paid Subscriptions" from the menu down the left-hand side of the page. (Be sure to include your full mailing address for shipment of your Sheltie Nation member decal.) If you prefer to pay via check, just PM me and I can give you the details.

Premium Memberships also make great gifts! Just send me a PM and I can help set that up.

Once your payment has cleared, your Premium Membership is active immediately. The membership fee is not refundable -- if you choose not to participate on the Sheltie Forums or if your membership is revoked for any reason, you will not get any portion of your membership fee refunded.

Thanks for helping to support the Sheltie Forums!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Selena Wohlslagel likes this.
  2. nyevita

nyevita Forums Novice

Apr 28, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Trying to join as Premium Member

Hi, I'm trying again to join as a Premium Member, but when I click on "User CP" it doesn't say how to do so. Can you help? I've been trying for ages....is it possible that I'm not seeing the required icons because I am working on a Mac and not a PC????

3. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    You should find it under your user CP listed under Miscellaneous as "paid memberships". I've attached a screen shot for you.

Click that & a page should load with instructions on how to subscribe.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help. :smile2:

Attached Files:

4. Sheltie Mom 5

Sheltie Mom 5 Premium Member

May 4, 2011
    New York City
    Hi Kelly --

I'm not so computer literate to understand this pay pal thing. Where can I send a check?

5. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Members who wish to pay via check should private message me directly for details on how to do so.

I sent you a message with more info. :smile2:

6. EvaS

EvaS Guest

Still want to join - trying again

Hi! I'm up to three Shelties and one foster so I really do want to finally join.

I don't do PayPay so where do I send a check -- could you please reply with the answer to my regular e-mail, which is [email protected]

THANKS!

7. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Members who wish to pay via check should private message me directly for details on how to do so. I will send you a PM.

8. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    What's a premium member? How do I become one?

I'm not fluid in Paypal but quite competent in check writing. Could you send me the address to mail my check?

Dani

9. Internette

Internette Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012
    Florida
    Says there is a chat forum, where would that be? Don't know where a link is.

10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    If you are a premium member, it is located in the "sheltie talk" section.